Setting SMART goals-Create a Plan
Setting SMART Goals; Create a Plan
The To Do List:
Create your Healthy Living Vision Board; Review weekly
Set 1-2-3 month SMART goals; write them down as a plan of action in your 3- month goal log; Review daily
Set 1-2 weekly goals; write them down as a plan of action in your weekly goal log; Review daily
Create a log-book; notebook, file etc.
Read the 10 Tips to Kickoff Your Success in this lecture text
What tip on the "kickoff your success" list are you going to focus on and do starting NOW?
Write an affirmation in the comments below. I AM eating breakfast today, tomorrow and the rest of this week... Go ahead what is yours?
Positive Mindset, Happiness, Gratitude
10 Tips to Kickoff Your Success
- Be realistic. Make sustainable habit changes that you can see yourself still doing 6 months from now; a year from now
- Don't diet! Very low calorie diets usually leave out essential nutrients, leading to an increase in body fat and a decrease in lean body mass.
- Don't drink your calories; Concentrated fruit juice has just as many calories as soda, making it easy to pack in extra calories
- Make time for breakfast. A healthy breakfast helps sustain energy levels and set your metabolism for the day
- Incorporate fitness into the activities that you enjoy the most. If you love traveling, plan a fitness vacation. Climb Koko Head mountain in Hawaii. It's FUN!!
- Practice mindful eating during your meal. Eat in a quiet space, away from computers, and distractions
- Choose nutrient-dense powerpack snacks. Try an apple and a handful of almonds; these supply your body with healthy fats, fiber, and protein
- Recognize food cravings caused by emotional or environmental triggers
- Move more. ALWAYS. Every step counts!
- Challenge yourself to do the things that you really want to do, but are not yet doing. Have a support system in place to "lift you when you fall"!
S.M.A.R.T. Goals Template
Creating S.M.A.R.T. goals is designed to help you identify if what you want to achieve is realistic, sustainable and within a specified time frame. When writing S.M.A.R.T. goals use concise language, and include relevant information. Answer these questions below. Write in your notebook/ weekly log book. These are designed to help you be successful in your weight loss journey. Have a POSITIVE mindset!
Initial Goal (Write the goal you have in mind):
Specific (What do you want to accomplish? Who needs to be included? When do you want to do this? Why is this a goal?)
Measurable (How can you measure progress and know if you've successfully met your goal?)
Achievable (Do you have the skills required to achieve the goal? If not, can you obtain them? What is the motivation for this goal? Is the amount of effort required on par with what the goal will achieve?)
Relevant (Why am I setting this goal now? Is it aligned with overall objectives?)
Time-bound (What's the deadline and is it realistic?)
S.M.A.R.T. goal (Review what you have written, and craft a new goal statement based on what the answers to the questions above have revealed):